We are continuing to operate as normal here at Lunar HQ, while increasing our health and hygiene practices.
Due to the current pandemic, Australia Post is currently experiencing high delivery delays. We thank you for your patience and understanding during these current times.
29 April 2020 - Australia Post Update
With our business adapting to the challenges the current pandemic presents, our normal practice of delivery has been impacted.
There are delivery delays in our network due to:
- reduction in air freight capacity and passenger flights (which also carry our parcels)
- a significant increase in parcels volumes, many which require manual sorting
- hygiene and social distancing requirements in our network (such as social distancing through zoning, dedicated shift start times to reduce cross over of workers)
What we're doing
- Operating our processing and delivery services seven days a week for the last four weeks
- Chartered an additional eight freighter flights, increasing this to 17 dedicated air freighter flights per day
- Repurposed and opened 15 new processing and delivery facilities
- Hiring more than 600 casual staff into our network and call centres and currently redeploying 2000 posties to deliver more parcels
- Moving more parcels through our road network (to accommodate domestic flight restrictions)
- Exploring all available transport alternatives and options, and working with the Australian Government, to minimise impacts for customers
Express Post is still available
Express Post service will continue to be our fastest postal delivery option for our customers – and we'll continue to prioritise these deliveries. They just may not be delivered next business day every time.
This change is due to delays to our delivery services caused by the ongoing impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, including:
- a significant increase in parcels that require manual sorting
- social distancing measures in place at our facilities, which mean we can’t process items as quickly as usual
- a significant reduction in the availability of passenger flights – which, in addition to our dedicated overnight airfreight network, also carry our parcels